Friday, April 3, 2009

ADVICE: "MUSIC IS THERAPEUTIC"
CAB #: 8934


I'm currently feeling introspective. Like, deep. Deep like pondering the meaning of life and how I fit into the grand scheme o' things on this funny little planet we call Earth. Deep like convincing myself that I am, like, totally limber enough to conquer a yoga class if only I could find time to take one (you see, my schedule is packed full, what with Happy Hour and late night Taco Bell runs taking precedence). Deep like wearing a beret and turtleneck (black, of course) whilst sipping a latte in my local coffee shop. Well, not so much on that last one. But practically. Just deep.

Long story short, I've been through a whirlwind of ups and downs recently, and my music has been my lifeline. When I'm stressed / sad / angry, I switch on my tunes and find my happy place. I get in the zone, man. That said, I compiled a list of the songs I've had on repeat - I preface the list with the fact that I have wonderful taste in music (and by wonderful, I mean cheesy) - and have taken a line from each of the songs to create a diddy of my own that expresses my mood at this very moment:

D. DU'S PLAYLIST ON REPEAT
"Don't Stop Believin'" - Journey
"Bette Davis Eyes" - Kim Carnes
"Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" - The Police
"Runaround Sue" - Dion
"Go Your Own Way" - Fleetwood Mac
"Africa" - Toto
"September" - Earth, Wind & Fire
"Higher Love" - Steve Winwood
"Like a Prayer" - Madonna
"Heat of the Moment" - Asia
"More than a Feeling" - Boston
"Flashdance [What A Feeling]" - Irene Cara
"In Your Eyes" - Peter Gabriel
"All Night Long" - Lionel Richie

D. DU'S DIDDY
Just a small town girl;

She’s precocious and she knows [it].
Do I have to tell the story of a thousand rainy days
[When] she likes to travel around,
Packing up,
Hoping to find some old forgotten words or ancient melodies
While chasing the clouds away?


In this whole world, what is fair?
Life is a mystery.
You can’t concern yourself with bigger things.
I hide in my music, forget the day,
Close my eyes, hear the rhythm.
[It is] the resolution of all the fruitless searches;
Let the music play on.


What's on your playlist, Cabbie #8934?

4 comments:

  1. Music has a unbeleivable power of healing which is underestimated. I cannot imagine a single day which goes by without listening to music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. I also love that I can close my eyes, sing Like a Prayer, and be instantly transported back to a Wednesday night at Maloney's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently have Higher Love playing. Love the blog! I want more!

    ReplyDelete

Meter